5 Simple Bathroom Design Tips – Bathrooms are one of the most vital parts of your home, with its significance ranging from the functional to the aesthetic. In most cases, the bathroom is where guests and visitors will have a lasting, memorable impression. For this reason, bathroom design should be taken into consideration at all times.
- If you’re on a tight budget, always remember that bathroom tiles are sold by the piece, so it is necessary for you to measure the exact amount of space you’re going to tile and decide on the number needed as you finalize your bathroom design.
- Make sure that the bathroom design blends in nicely with the immediate surroundings even if the door is left open. Does it look decent with a view of the tub and the sink or do you only see a toilet with the seat cover up?
- Keep everything in proportion. Ideally, a bathroom should be smaller than the bedroom and the dining area. Make sure the bathroom design is appealing but don’t overshadow the rest of the house.
- Take lighting into consideration. You may want the bathroom to be well lit at all times but budget constraints sometimes prompt you to skimp on the light itself, which means you have to choose lighting based on function instead of bathroom design.
- Pay attention to the electrical wirings. Hire an electrician if you’re not very handy. Water and Electricity are bad news when combined inappropriately and a bathroom most certainly contains both elements.